Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dear Sippy Cup

We are having trouble getting Luke transitioned to the sippy cup.  I started trying about 3 months ago and each time I hand it to him he plays with it as if it is a toy.  I've read all of the tips and tricks on the internet and tried several different brands of sippy cups...he still doesn't get it.  I guess we will just keep trying and if you see him in three years drinking out of a bottle you will know why ;)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey leslie i just found your blog through Katie Mabry's. Not sure if Luke is still having problems with sippy cup or not. If so here's a tip that worked for us. get the cheap ones from wal-mart their brightly colored and they come with several in a pack. Since they are so cheap, they leak fluid a little more easy than the other brands. So once jackson drink some of it and the water came out pretty much as soon as he upturned the cup in his mouth, he got the point that liquid is supposed to come out. From then one we didn't have any problems with him drinking from sippy cups. Once he got the hang of it well, we switched to the sippy cups that actually work and don't leak liquids. I think the problem with using the good ones first, is that the child has to suck so hard to get liquid out, that they give up before they get any liquid therefore they don't ever understand what it is other than a toy to them. Hope this helps and that its not too confusing. let me know if you have any questions. :)