I'm sure most of you that read our blog realize by now that Alabama has won two national championships in the last 3 years and both of those years we had a baby. The catch 22 here is that we haven't been able to attend either game, mostly because we have an itty bitty baby. Luke even has a Daniel Moore painting from the Tennessee game on the day he was born. As Alabama alumni and fans, this is pretty awesome! Although, us having lucky babies runs a little deeper for me....
First of all, I am a New Orleans Saints fan. By no means does my fandom match that of our beloved Crimson Tide. However, I do keep up with them and pull for them. This started when I was in elementary school and my family lived in Slidell (right outside of New Orleans) for 9 years. My first ever NFL game to attend was in the Super dome somewhere around 1990; the Saints versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Luke's birth year not only brought us an Alabama BCS National Championship but that same year the Saints won the Super Bowl.
Secondly, my Dad grew up in Collinsville, IL which is a suburb of St. Louis, MO. My grandmother still lives there and until my grandfather passed away in 2000, I spent every summer and Christmas in St. Louis. I have attended many games in the old Busch Stadium. I am a huge Cardinals fan! This year the Cardinals won the World Series. If the Saints pull out another Super Bowl win this year our next child is going to have a lot to live up to!
Sad to say for Derek, his 49ers and Braves haven't done squat since we started having babies but if he could pick a team to win, it would be Alabama. Here is to our babies being my little lucky charms and Geaux Saints!!
 |
| "Heldo, Baby" |
 |
| Alex in awe of his big brother |
 |
| Luke proud of his little brother |
 |
| "tote that rock young man" -daddy |
 |
| And he is still smiling ;) |
1 comment:
We have National championship babies too! Someone actually said to us that we need to have a 2013 baby so that AL can bring it home again. I told them AL will have to come up with another good luck charm other than a Cartee baby!
Post a Comment