Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thirty...3-0!

My birthday was December 24th and I turned the big 3-0.  A few weeks ago we were talking to our babysitter (who is a freshman in college) and she was telling us about her brother who is 31.  We know her parents and I kept thinking to myself, "they aren't old enough to have a thirty year old." Then I realized he is only a year older than me...whoa!  They are old enough to have a child my age but I didn't realize that was thirty.  Geez!  And since I have turned 30, I have gray hair and lots of aches and pains.  It's just sad.   Anyway, I got to celebrate my birthday twice.  Once with my family and once with Derek's.  As a huge surprise, Derek had my close friends and family write me letters.  It was so special since my love language is words of affection.  He could have bought me the biggest most expensive gift but it wouldn't have meant near as much to me.  I was so overwhelmed by the kind words and memories that my sweet family and friends wrote to me.  I really feel so unworthy of all of this love and was reminded yet again how incredibly blessed I am.  I have such authentic, godly friends and family who are simply amazing!!

My grandmother turned 81 on Christmas day

My precious, itty-bitty grandmother

The best chocolate cake ever...compliments of my mother-in-law

My cup runneth over...

No comments: