Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3 Special Ladies

First of all, I just read the blog I wrote last night (way past my bedtime I might add) and I apologize for the mess of English that it was.

These three girls are incredible and I get to meet with them each week and study God's word. To be totally honest, when Derek and I moved to Troy 2 years ago, I was really apprehensive about living in such a small town and concerned about meeting friends who loved the Lord. Well, my goodness, did the Lord prove me wrong in that area. I started meeting with these three girls last Spring and the Lord has used each of them to sharpen me. I love how we all come from different states, graduated from different colleges, and have such different testimonies, yet we are sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ!


Me, Whitney, Megan, and Holly

Whitney is from Louisiana and came to Troy for college where she met her sweet husband Bryant. I am so thankful they stayed in Troy after graduation. Whitney is an elementary school teacher and she and Bryant are expecting their first child, William, in January. I have the esteemed privilege of keeping little William everyday starting in Feb/March until school gets out for summer. Whitney has the sweetest countenance and constantly encourages me to be more compassionate towards people. She really just has the most kind and gentle spirit of anybody I know.



Megan is from Georgia and attended college at Samford. She and her husband, Chuck, moved to Troy last year. Megan is one of those people who is always above reproach. She is not afraid to ask the difficult questions in order to challenge you. She is a leader by nature and constantly encourages me by her knowledge of scripture. She and Chuck are expecting their first child next July after trying to get pregnant for a year and half. It is so exciting to see God’s faithfulness in their lives through this child. I tear up just thinking about baby Carson! Megan is also my walking buddy and her husband and Derek have what some might call a bromance…there, I said it.

Holly is from Troy and went to UA at the SAME TIME as me….how unfortunate that we missed out on incredible friendship while in college but I’m so grateful for it now. Holly is just awesome! She is a beautiful mom, wife, daughter and sister (she is the middle of 5 girls)! She and her husband Dax are high school sweethearts. They have 2 little boys, Cole and Owen, and a little girl, Reese, due right after Christmas. Kind, honest and just all around goodness come to mind when I think of Holly.

Did you notice I’m the only one in our Bible study not pregnant?

Each of them have a desire to walk with the Lord and to know him personally. They also each have a passionate heart for the lost. I am certain that the Lord ordained each of these special friendships for this time to challenge me, encourage me and hold me accountable. I am beyond blessed to know each of them. I love you girls!



1 comment:

Candace Nelson said...

I agree, these are 4 special ladies! I admire all of you SO much!