I know I mentioned 2 weeks ago that I was going to upload pictures and blog but I had a few things come up. I had last minute visitors from Houston...Mom, Angie, Jackson, and Julia!!!!!! This was very exciting for me. It is really hard being that far away from my mom and sister so each time I get to see them it is a treat. Besides the fact that my mom tends to spoil me and while she was here she cleaned my whole house, did laundry and gave me so many Luke breaks ;) They left last Saturday and I had a baby shower to help with and then it was time to get ready for the Thanksgiving holidays.
This post is is going to be completely random but just some things I don't want to forget.
Luke is now 13 months old and is the biggest ham ever. I previously wrote about his little attention getting laugh. He has now added to the laugh; he arches his back and sticks his belly out. It is just about the most precious thing.
He is totally off the bottle and he loves, loves, loves milk. This is no surprise since he comes from two parents who love milk. We are currently buying a gallon every other day between the three of us. He also loves food. He is usually a member of the clean plate club and very rarely turns down food.
I've had several people ask about Luke's speech and our visit with the early intervention specialist. I met with the lady a few weeks ago and after she asked somewhere around 50 questions she told us Luke is perfectly fine. He has actually started to say bye-bye since we met with her. The fact that he doesn't have many words wasn't a concern since he is fairly advanced in the receptive verbal development area. In other words, he can understand and follow many commands (throw the ball, give it to momma, give it to daddy (he knows the difference), give me a kiss, no, etc.). She also said the fact that he is a boy, only child, and not in daycare contribute to his slowness in expressive verbal development. However, at this point it should not be a concern.
I just love this little stage of life we are in right now. Luke is such a pleasure to be around and I am so grateful to my hard-working husband who not only allows me to stay home with Luke but also encourages it.
Lastly, we confirmed yesterday that Luke is allergic to eggs. He has had a few instances where he has broken out in hives (nothing serious) and last week we fed him scrambled eggs for the first time and he had hives all over his body. I took him to the doctor yesterday to get his flu shot and apparently if you are allergic to eggs, you can't get the flu shot. It was supposed to be a nurse visit just to get the shot and they had me see Dr. Roy and based on what I said he confirmed that Luke is in fact, allergic to eggs. I don't think it is a serious allergy and hopefully it is something that will go away. Just another reason to be thankful he is not in daycare this flu season.
1 comment:
Had a great time playing with and watching Luke over the Thanksgiving weekend. He is such an entertainer, and loves the attention.
Post a Comment