Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Thankful Post

We spent the Thanksgiving holidays in Crossville with the Irons. As you can tell Luke fit right into the traditional Turkey day football game with as one of the Irons boys. We spent the afternoon at Grana and Papa's church serving thanksgiving lunch to people from their community who may not have been able to afford to have their own thanksgiving feast. Afterwards we headed home for some fun family time. My friend Katie also spent the day with us since she works in retail and couldn't get home to Memphis for the day. I really have so much to be thankful for. Here is just a short list of the major things that I am thankful for this year:

-Jesus, our High Priest, who sacrificed his life on the cross in order to allow me direct communion with our Heavenly Father.
-The fact that God can take a ragged sinner like me and use me for His glory is a true miracle.
-A husband who leads our household to love the Lord by pure example.
-A son who is healthy and happy (so, so happy).
-So many loved ones to share the holidays with.













We won't talk about Friday. I still get a knot in my stomach when I think about that terrible loss. And, after the precedent set by the NCAA yesterday I just really think I'm done with college football.

Until next year anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know. I am so confused.