Thursday, December 22, 2011

December fun

Alex is rolling. This is a game changer. No more putting him down and expecting him to stay put. No more leaving him on the diaper changing table (one of his favorite places) for extended periods of time. I have a video on Derek's phone but can't get it to load so I'll just post a few pictures of him instead :) By the way, he will be 3 months old next week. Where does the time go? Didn't I just have him yesterday?

















Since we've had Alex and I'm working more, Luke and Derek have started having little outings each week. They just run errands, go to a basketball game or what not. Here are a few pictures from these fun times:



































Last weekend we took the boys to Dothan for the day. I met Kailah and Presley (two precious college girls I disciple) for lunch and Derek and Luke went to Chuck E Cheese's:









Afterwards, we went shopping while Luke napped in the stroller and Alex in the sling. We spent 3 hours or more at the mall.








We were in Dothan for the entire day and I'm pretty sure neither boy made a peep. Luke was so well behaved and Alex was his usual go-with-the-flow self. It was a wonderful little blessing to us since it was the only day we had to Christmas shop. We even ended up staying for dinner..it was a fabulous day as a family.

This is the only way we've found to wash all the dirt off this little boy (oh, I kid). He loves to play in the washing machine.










Luke's four back molars nearly killed Derek and I. Cutting teeth led to congestion, which led to an ear infection and horrible cough, which led to an antibiotic and breathing treatments, which caused terrible diaper rash, which all resulted in a pitiful 2 year old that didn't sleep for 4 days and nights. Good times. The worst part was knowing how much pain he was in and not being able to make it stop. He kept saying "ouch" and "pease," as in please make the pain go away.

Meanwhile, our 2 month old started sleeping through the night (huge praises for that).









Lastly, a little brotherly love:


















As I sit and think about all of the things I failed to get done this month I'm overwhelmed with thankfulness for Jesus who was born to die so that I don't have to be perfect. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and that we can all be still during this busy week and celebrate our Savior's birth...the ONLY gift we need.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for that last little reminder, Leslie! Hope you and your sweet family have a wonderful Christmas!