Thursday, September 22, 2011

23 Months


Luke will be 23 months on Saturday but I'm posting this early in case baby brother decides to arrive before then.  He is doing so well in his big bed and loves his new room.  He hardly ever goes in the nursery anymore.  Every book is a Bible and he loves to go in his room and sit in his new rocking chair and read his Bible (with the door shut).  He expects a Bible story each time we put him to bed.  I think I have mentioned before that he is very particular about things.  If Derek and I are together he wants my phone ("bone) to be in my hands and Derek's to be in his.  He does not like us using each others phones.  Every thing that is shaped like a stick is automatically a bat. He will get in the hitter's position and once you throw him the ball he does not swing but drops the bat and runs around the house like a mad man.  His favorite foods are gummies (we've had a few fits over these), cheese, milk and pasta.  He is not a big breakfast eater.  When he wakes up he just wants his milk.  Each day he is talking more and more.  He still calls me daddy and no matter how many times a day I correct him he still calls me daddy.  I'm pretty sure this goes along with his strong will.  He can definitely say "mama" but he has chosen my name to be daddy and so that's what it is going to be.  Can I be honest and say that it drives me CRAZY!?!  We have started a new form of discipline this month that has worked wonders.  A spanking from me pretty much meant nothing to Luke and he was a little out of control so we did some research (aka asked our friends) and our new method works wonders.  He has been so well behaved the past few weeks.  Just in time for little brother.

We went to the doctor Tuesday at which I was 38 weeks pregnant to the day.  They did an ultrasound to get an estimated weight on Alex and he was already predicted to weigh 8lbs 12 ozs.  My doctor scheduled us for an induction next Tuesday (27th) so if not before then, we will get to meet our new little bundle of joy Tuesday.  I can not wait!!!!







No comments: