Friday, May 8, 2009

our little orange

I am 15 weeks today and our weekly email update said the baby is the size of an orange.

I went back to the doctor on Monday. Derek and I have been in Mobile for baseball so I am just now getting around to updating everyone. My doctor's appointment went very well. Dr. Connor said everything looks really good. She has been monotoring my sugar levels since my sister had gestational diabetes but so far so good. I also got to hear the heart beat again. The nurse was practically chasing the baby around with the doplar wand. It was neat to know that the baby was moving around so much and that he/she made the nurse laugh. I will go back to the doctor on June 1st and at that time I will be a little over 18 weeks so she will set up my ultrasound for my 20th week. I can't wait! I am so ready to know what this baby is.

My nausea has gotten much better. I was beginning to think my first trimester was never going to end. But thankfully I am somewhat getting back to normal. I still don't have a normal appetite but most of the foods that don't make me sick are healthy ones (imagine that) so that has been quite an encouragement to eat healthy.

Thanks again for praying for baby Irons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love baby irons even if he/she is an orange right now ;) can't wait to know whether i can call baby irons a he or she!!!

Heather said...

So excited for you both! Praying for y'all! Would love to catch up soon!