This verse (Psalm 139:13) has gone through my mind as Derek and I read about the growth of our baby. It is truly the most amazing thing to have life inside of you and to know that God ordained this soul for His purposes and timing.
Derek and I went to the doctor this morning and Dr. Connor said everything looks really good. I am 10 weeks and 3 days today so usually at this point it is just to check vital signs and make sure everything else looks good. She said she usually doesn't attempt to hear a heart beat until 12 weeks but since my next appointment won't be until 14 weeks if I wanted she would try today. I of course wanted to try so after about 5 minutes of moving the doplar around she found our little rascal and his/her heart was just a thumpin'. Dr. Connor also said that he/she was moving around a lot and she could tell based on the heart beat fading in and out. She seemed very pleased with how fast the heart was beating and that he/she was active.
Our next appointment is May 4th which will put me a little over 14 weeks. I'm not sure what all will go on at that appointment but she did say going forward we will hear the heart beat at every visit. Thanks for the prayers for our little one!!
1 comment:
I am so loving this!!! I wonder every day how things are going with you guys and your "little one". That heartbeat moment is AWESOME isn't it??? I know you guys will enjoy every minute of God's miracle in progress.
I love you and miss you!!!
Post a Comment