Thursday, March 15, 2012

5 Months


Well, we are closer to 6 months than 5 but I didn't want to skip this. I think the big development step at this point is grabbing and holding toys in his hands. We also removed the swaddling blanket and he now rolls to his stomach to sleep. I think he's been wanting be a tummy sleeper since birth but this rule-following Mom was too nervous. He's sleeping from 7-6:30, wakes up, eats a bottle and then sleeps until 10. Big brother is sleeping until 8:30 or 9. This time from 6:30 until Luke wakes up has been great work time. Alex still gags on cereal and to be honest I don't have much time to try consistently. He's still a smiley little guy and loves attention. He does not like to be in his car seat if he's ready for bed. A lesson I have to be reminded of every few days is that he does not want to be rocked to sleep.  Despite the failed attempts, I will try every few days and he reminds me again that he wants to be put down in his bed.  Luckily, my two year old still loves to be rocked! Alex's little life is going by so fast. He is a perfect fit for our little family.

No comments: