We found out last week that "the sequel" (how Derek refers to our unborn child) is another boy! The best news we received is that he is growing and developing perfectly. What a relief to see the little squirt moving all around and to know at this point everything checks out. I tried to scan in our ultrasound pictures but after two failed attempts I figured I would come back to that another day. He was very clearly a little boy and he was sucking his little thumb. My mom reminded me that I was born sucking my thumb so it looks like he might take after me in that. He measured exactly a week ahead of my due date just like his big brother. Hopefully he will decide to be born on that day as well which would be September 27th. His head wasn't quite as big as Luke's was at this point but he weighs a meaty 14 ounces (avg is 11 ounces). I love him so much already!
We have narrowed the names down to three so hopefully we will have one picked out soon. We are just thrilled to be having another little boy. I'm especially excited that he and Luke will only be 23 months apart and hopefully the best of friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment