Monday, September 27, 2010

11 Months

I'm glad we only have one more month of these pictures.  It is getting extremely hard to get him to sit still.  I had to get Derek's assistance on Sunday morning.  He just wants to stand up in the chair and be a wild man.  I think this is the only usable shot we took. 

Eleven Months:

-He is so close to walking.  I keep waiting for that moment when he just takes off.  He will walk from one piece of furntiture to another and he has gone as many as 12 steps on his own. 
-He is a wild man.  He wants to go, go, go.  It's as if sitting still is not possible for him.
-He is always right under my feet and wants to hold whatever I am holding. 
-He is so ticklish.  It's a little unfair because we are constantly picking on him.
-He has 7 teeth.
-He weighs about 23 lbs.  I know this because I was able to get him to stand still on the scale long enough to register his weight.  It was a miracle.
-He loves to eat.  His favorites are gerber meat sticks, bread, and cheese. We are done with baby food.
-This month he moved up to the creepers and crawlers classroom at church. 
-He is getting better with his sippy cup. He gets the concept but he still doesn't understand that you have to tilt it back to get the water to come out.
-He says "mama" and "baba" and is a jibber jabbering fool.  He is constantly "talking"
-Before nap time we read a book and then I hold him like a baby and sing him a song.  These are some of my very favorite moments.  He usually smiles at me through his paci while I sing.  It's hard to put him down.
-His thing right now is handing you whatever he has.  If you hold out your hand he will put whatever is in his hand in yours.  If he doesn't want to give it up he will just put it in your hand while clinging to it with the death grip. 

I love him and his daddy with every ounce of my being.   





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the updates. Can't wait to see him again.