Friday night Derek and I went to Montgomery to do a little shopping and to meet Blakely Evan Jones who was born Thursday (5/20). She is just adorable. It's hard to believe her and Luke will be in the same grade one day considering Luke seems so much bigger than her now (one day the 7 months difference won't be a big deal). We had a few friends who had babies last week. The Wilson's had Pate Bryant on Monday (5/17) and The Bria's had Dylan Patrick on Friday (5/21). It was a week of babies. Can't wait to meet the other two.
Below is a picture of Luke playing with Jason at the hospital. We weren't able to capture it on camera but Jason would scream into Luke's face and then he would copy. It was so funny.
Meet Blakely Evan Jones, isn't she adorable?

Saturday we went to Holly's parents house to swim. Luke swam in the big pool for the first time. I think I anticipated for him to react in a very excited way but he was just really chill and seemed to sit back and take it all in. We had such a fun time.

This is Holly and Owen, her youngest for now, number 3 is on the way. I just love her to death. It's hard to believe we were at UA together and never knew one another considering she is one of my very favorite people in Troy.


After our afternoon of swimming we attended Derek's end of the year baseball banquet. I didn't get any pictures because I was so busy making sure Luke wasn't too much of a distraction. We sat front and center and as Derek was talking from the podium Luke was smiling, laughing and trying to talk back to him. It was very cute but I was trying my hardest for it not to bother Derek. Derek did a fantastic job honoring the teams, administrators and coaches and he was honored for his 100th win as a head coach, which happened earlier this season. It really is awesome that he got to 100 wins so quickly...he's pretty much the bomb!
1 comment:
THat cutie can come swim anytime. We loved getting to spend a couple of hours with you Saturday and it is never long enough. Your sweet words say it all...I can't believe we were at UA together and never new it. The Lord works in amazing ways and He did when He brought you and Derek to Troy. Love you guys!
Post a Comment