Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Busy Season

Baseball Season + Tax Season + 3 month growing spurt = a busy Irons' family.

Let's see, where should I begin.  Derek officially started baseball season January 5th which means he isn't home much. I always forget how crazy-busy he is the first few weeks of January.  You would think it would be worse once games get started but it tends to be busiest right when practice gets started.  He is getting home at about 7:30 each night.  It's amazing to me how well he balances life.  He currently is reading through the Bible in a year, helping with the youth at church, teaching 2 different history classes, coaching baseball, and yet he continues to be an awesome dad and husband. And with no complaints I might add.

I started my work-from-home, part-time job last week.  I will be working tax season for a firm in Montgomery.  I had to go up there last week for three days to train on the software and so Grana came down to Troy to stay with Luke.  Today is day 2 of trying to actually work-from-home and it has been challenging but hopefully we will get a routine going soon.  I'll probably end up getting most of my work done when Derek is home. 

I'm also enjoying my little-man so much.  It is such a joy to spend everyday with him.  He currently enjoys lying in the jungle (activity gym) and laughing at the animals and music.  He also loves the lion, monkey and hippo that hang down from his bouncer.  He has started to reach for them and smiles at them each time I put him in it.  I think we are about to hit the 3 month growing spurt in full force.  Hopefully it will be less crazy than the 6 week one.  I'm also trying to get him to nap in his crib.  Currently his favorite place to nap is in my arms so if this work-from-home thing is going to work I am going to have to break him of that ;)

I really can't remember what I did with my time before I was a mother. Nothing could have prepared me for the life-change that is becoming a parent.  It is truly the most wonderful yet challenging experience I can think of.  The other day I was thinking back to last February when I found out I was pregnant by two pink lines on a pregnancy test.  God has taken us on a wonderful journey from two pink lines to holding our little 3-month old baby boy.  It is almost impossible to remember not knowing Luke but back then all I knew was that the Lord had begun to knit life together in my womb. God has already taught me so much as I experience this season of life.  A few things I wanted to write down so that I don't ever forget:

  • I am not in control
  • I must choose to place my life in His hands in the trust that He loves me more than even I love Luke
  • My part is to love Him and please Him daily as I walk the journey of motherhood, I am merely His servant in caring for Luke while he is on this earth.
  • He is my constant companion and His love and grace reach into every corner of my life.
  • A crisis today is usually not a crisis tomorrow
  • Can I say it again?  I am not in control
Those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength, they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary.  Isaiah 40:31



1 comment:

Heather said...

Leslie~It is such a joy to read about God's blessings on your family. Praying for y'all during this busy time. Love you much!