Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Praises to Him!

I feel like so much has happened since my last post….

Last time I blogged (about our Tuscaloosa house) was the day we found out we had a Mercedes renter. Praise the Lord! 11 months after we put our house on the market we got the good news that a lady from Germany is coming to work for Mercedes for 3 years and wanted to rent our house for 3 years. This really was best case scenario and we give all of the glory to Jehovah-Jireh.

We are in the process of moving from our apartment in Troy to a rental house. I am totally pumped about getting the heck out of that college apartment. It has definitely been a frustrating move but despite my type A personality, I have been surprisingly calm. For those of you who don’t know, we have been living in a furnished college apartment (basically a nice dorm) and most of our stuff has been in storage for the past year. Some of our good friends in Troy bought a house and flipped it and are renting it to us. We moved everything from storage to the house on June 29th and a few days later the hot water heater broke in the middle of the night and pretty much flooded three of the rooms. None of our stuff was damaged but it set our official moving date back about a month. Praise the Lord that we didn’t have to be out of the “dorm room” until this Friday. Derek has been wonderful in organizing and laboring over all of our stuff to get us from the apartment to the house. Fingers crossed we will stay there tomorrow night.

We finally decided on a name, Luke Michael Irons. We will name all of our children first name biblical and middle name family. It just so happens for us the family name is also biblical. We had another ultrasound last week and he is growing like a weed. He was measuring 6 days ahead of schedule and a direct quote from the nurse who did our ultrasound, “he’s got a big ol’ head!” Not what momma wants to hear! His head measured in the 98th percentile so delivery day should be loads of fun. Derek claims that he has to have a big ol’ head to store his big ol’ brain…thanks for trying babe!

I can’t believe we only have 3 months left before he arrives. It seems like I just found out I was pregnant. I imagine the bigger I get I will not feel the same about the passing of time. Thanks to everyone for the many, many prayers on our behalf concerning the house and little man Luke. My words fail me to express my gratefulness to you for your diligence on our behalf.

1 comment:

Chris and Natalie said...

Leslie!

I am so grateful to hear the news regarding your house. I have been praying. I know it was a burden. Loving the blog and can't wait to meet the newest Irons!

Love and Prayers,

Natalie